Basic information about the Institute
The Institute was established on 1st January 1955 from the Biophysical Laboratory of the Academy of Sciences founded one year earlier. In 2007 the Institute converted into a public research organization according to the law no. 341/2005 Sb.
The mission of the Institute is a basic research of the structure, function and dynamics of biological systems (biomolecules, cell components, cells and cell populations) using methods of molecular biology, biophysics, biochemistry and bioinformatics.
At present the Insitute consists of 10 departments.
History of the IBP